Sunday, August 11, 2013

My First Swimming Class

Last month, 21st July 2013, I attended the first swimming class in my life. I've been looking forward to learn swimming since young, although I suffer from minor aquaphobia. I have phobia towards water, and I believe there is a reason behind any form of phobia. When I was at age 5, I drown in the adult pool of Mimaland. I could not recall much of the incidence. The only memory is tonnes and tonnes of water going into my ears, nose, mouth and I almost lost my consciousness before my uncle came to my rescue. Although I'm scared of water, but I've a strong desire to learn swimming, especially when my uncle told me swimming is good for persistent shoulder ache.

Finally, the opportunity came when Myswim gave a good deal for swimming lesson in Groupon. The swimming lessons are conducted in Kelana Jaya Swimming Complex. As I've to work from Monday to Saturday, I have chosen to take up my lesson every Sunday. The entrance fee is RM4.00 during weekends.

Surprisingly, the swimming pool is considered clean and the shower room is in good condition. I really did not expect public pool run by MPPJ can be maintained that well, lol.

Photo by SH L. 

My swimming coach is Azmin Aziz, he is the first who swim across the Melaka Straits. The Malaysia Book of Records There are 8 students in a class and one hour per session, thus the amount of time we get from the coach is around 7 minute per student. In the first lesson, I finally overcome the phobia and manage to float (face-down) in the water. This is considered a big achievement for me and I was really glad on that particular day.

To be continued... 

No comments:

Post a Comment